Thursday, October 13, 2011

Crocheted Curtains


I fell in love with these white crocheted curtains on the Bernat website a few years ago. They have a funky modern feel, and the geometric blocks allow the perfect amount of light to shine through.

The pattern is really easy to follow, but the first couple rows require a bit of skill. It's crocheted almost entirely in double-crochet, but it's absolutely critical to count stitches for the first row!

My original plan was to create 4 panels that would be 4' x 2.5' each. I attempted it using Aunt Lydia's cotton crochet thread for a more delicate look. However, the stitches are so tiny (in comparison to regular yarn) that my hands start to cramp up after an hour or two, and progress is quite slow.

After 13 hours of crocheting, I've used 350 yards of thread, and have a curtain panel that measures approximately 2.5 feet long x 9 inches tall. I'm happy with how it looks, but I've decided that crochet thread is impractical for a project of this size.

No comments:

Post a Comment